Net Teams Meet Brown in Tennis

Weather permitting, the varsity and freshman tennis teams will travel to Providence tomorow to play Brown. The varsity will be trying to even up its record with a fourth victory against four losses. The Yardlings, led by newly-elected Captain Alex Haegler (below) of Rio de Janeiro and Matthews Hall, will be after their third consecutive victory of the season.

After three "soft" matches against Springfield, M.I.T., and B.U. this week, the varsity is running a string of 27 straight individual victories. Brown, however, may offer more serious competition, and Crimson Coach Jack Barnaby expects to use his best men in this match, at least in the singles.

Captain Charlie Ufford will play first tomorow, with John Rauh, Art French, Gene Mann, Dave Watts, and Don Bossart following in that order. The other players on the trip who may play in the doubles are Bill Goodman, Terry King, Steve Sonnabend, and Herb Stone.

Freshman Captain Haegler, who also played on the '55 soccer squad, will play in the number one singles position for the third time tomorrow. Geoff Ball, Ed Koerner, Bill Wister, Mike Levinson, and Bob Crouch will probably fill the other singles spots with Dan Mayers likely to play in the doubles.