Faculty Will Vote In HLU - Directed Presidential Poll

Voting privileges in today's University-wide presidential primary have been extended to a number of faculty members, poll director Frank A Rhuland '54 announced last night.

Sponsored by the Harvard Liberal Union, the poll had previously been limited to students in the College, Law, and Business schools, but a plan worked out last week will enable the H.L.U. to poll faculty members eating in the Faculty Club at lunch and dinner today.

"The addition of faculty votes will make this a much more important poll, in that we will be getting the opinion of the entire Harvard community, rather than merely-the student body;" Rhuland commented. However, it will be a limited sample of the faculty, because only a small proportion eats in the Faculty Club.

Polling, which began in Dudley at Friday lunch, will continue today. Votes will also be taken at the Union, the seven Houses, Harkness Commons, and Cowie Hall during lunch and dinner.

Voters can vote for only one of the 13 Republican and Democratic candidates included on the ballot. The Republicans are: Senator Robert A. Taft, Harold E. Stasses, General, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Douglas MacArthur, and Governor Earl Warren.

The Democratic candidates are Senator Estes Kefauver, Senator Robert S. Kerr, Vice-President Alben W. Barkley, Senator Richard B. Russell, Senator Brien McMahon, W. Averell Harriman, Governer G. Meenan Williams, and Governor Adial E. Stevenson.