Coach Richart Enters 6 Golfers In Eastern Intercollegiates Today

Six Crimson golfers fee off this morning on a 36-hole qualifying round for the Eastern Intercollegiate Golf Championship at Annapolis, Maryland.

The meet is, for all intents and purposes, decided by the medal-play scores shot in the qualifier. The low four scores on each team entering the tournament will be totalled, and the team with the lowest score will be the winner.

96 Entries

Individual champion of the large field will, however, be decided in match play tomorrow and Monday. The low 16 qualifiers from the 96 entries will be eligible for match play. Sixteen colleges have entered the meet, including all Ivy League institutions and others such as Virginia.

Coach Frank Richart is sending a team composed of the first seven players on the ladder, with the exception of fourth man Dave Hedberg who had to stay in Cambridge for the Medical School Aptitude Test.

Those making the trip are Dusty Burke, Captain Paul Weissman, Bill Timpson, Mitch Rosenholtz, Jack Brophy, and George Wheeling. The Crimson squad finished fifth in last year's championship.

Today also marks the beginning of match play in the New England Intercollegiate Golf Championships at the Oakley Country Club. The Crimson traditionally sends the next four players on the ladder to this match. Playing in the New England are Hedberg, Bill Bridges, Bill Rydell, and John Sears.