Noted Stage Designer Makes Discs of Talks On American Theater

Robert Edmond Jones '10 designer for stage and screen yesterday recorded the first in a series of four lectures this week on the American theater. The lectures which Johnes has delivered all over the country are being recorded for the Harvard Vocarium.

In the talk Jones outlined the maladies of the contemporary theater and pointed to suggestions he would make in his second lecture which will be at 4 p.m. today in Lamont Forum Room.

Jones will make further recommendations in his speech on Thursday entitled. "Towards a New Theater 2," and will conclude the series on Friday with "Curious and Profitable." Both talks will be at 4 p.m. in Lamont Forum Room and are open to all members of the University.

The original manuscripts of the lectures have been donated to the Theater Collection at Houghton Library and may be viewed there. When ready the recordings of the lectures will also be available to University students concerned with the living theater.