Crimson Tennis Varsity To Face Williams Here

Coach Jack Barnaby Experts Tough Match As Crimson Seeks Sixth Consecutive Win

The varsity tennis term will put a five match winning streak on the line when it meets a rugged Williams club at 2:30 p.m. today on the Soldiers Field courts. Coach Jack Barnaby called the Ephs "very strong--as good or better than Amherst," which today's Crimson lineup edged 5 to 4 Wednesday.

The visitors boast Dick Squires, a member of last year's champion intercollegiate doubles team, at number one; he will face a familiar squash and tennis opponent in Captain Charlie Ufford. The Crimson star defeated Squires in the winter sport but enters this afternoon's match a slight underdog.

Jack Barnaby also expects trouble from the Ephs second and third men. He will pit sophomore John Rauh against Hank Norton, and Art French against Soapy Symington in the number three singles.

Both coaches will use sophomores in the fourth and sixth matches. Crimson number four, Gene Mann, will take on John Brownell, while number six man don Bossart plays Al Fulkerson. The Crimson's Days Watts will face Tom Bruckner in the fifth match.

The usual Crimson doubles duos Ufford and Bill Goodman,--French and Watts, and Rauh and Bossart--will start in that order today. Williams coach Clarence Chaffee will go with squires and Norton. Symington and Brownell, and Brucker and Jim Ziegler.

The Crimson will play host to Colombia tomorrow and the Ephs will travel to Providence to meet Brown. The Yardling net team will oppose the Harvard Grads the same afternoon.