'Business Week' Praises B-School In Picture Story

Thirty-six thousand dollars a year as a class's average earnings is an accurate indication of the Business School's teaching proficiency. This lucrative prowess was the Class of 1923's record, according to the current issue of Business Week magazine.

A five-page illustrated article entitled "The B-School: You Learn to Think" describes the case method developed at the Business School and the success its graduates find after they are in industry for a few years. At the last count some 600 out of the 14,348 alumni accounted for were presidents of their company or corporation--many of them the top corporations in the nation.

Some Recent Grads Perplexed

Recent graduates registered the only complaints that any alumni have against the School. They contend that they spent two years "learning to act like corporation presidents, and then they found little use for it." But old-timers reply, "Have patience. The payoff comes after five years."

The article also discusses several of the outstanding courses developed at the school. One of these, "Administrative Practices," emphasizes the human approach and all over picture to so great an extent that "Ad Prac" has become B-School slang. According to Business Week. "I really ad-praced her" means roughly. "I took her emotions into account."