Fulbright Grants Will Be Awarded To 800 This Year

More than 800 graduate students throughout the country will be granted Fulbright awards for study or research abroad next year, the Fulbright Committee announced yesterday.

Countries that will be included in this program include: Australia, Austria, Belgium and Luxemburg, Burma, Denmark, Egypt, France, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, Turkey, the Union of South Africa, the United Kingdom, and West Germany.

Out of 111 University, students who sought grants last year, 49 won awards. This was the highest number of awards granted to any one of the nation's universities and colleges.

Application forms may be secured from the College and each of the Graduate Schools. The applications and supporting papers must be turned in to the Fulbright adviser in each department by October 31, except for Australia and New Zealand, for which papers must be in by October 15.

Awards will also be granted to faculty members for advanced research and teaching. In addition, grants will be given for teaching abroad in American and national secondary schools. Dr. Reginald H. Phelps '30, 11 Wold Hall, is chairman of the University Fulbright Committee.