Ivy's Heads to Consider More League Games

Caldwell and Bushnell Favor Resolution on Tight Schedule

The strengthening of the Ivy League through more intra-group football scheduling may be a prime question at the annual meeting of Ivy League Presidents, it was learned today.

With the abolition of two-platoon football, the Ivy League's athletic problems will become more--not less--acute, since the League bans spring practice in football. That question is also expected to be discussed.

The Presidents' annual meeting, a private gathering, is due at this time. Reports that it will be held this Sunday and will be mainly concerned with athletics are current, although no local confirmation was available.

Meanwhile, a resolution of seven Ivy League newspapers calling for scheduling of at least five games between Group members received support from two major figures in the sports world.

Asa Bushnell, commissioner of the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Council, was quoted in the Daily Princetonian as saying: "The Plan is entirely feasible and would make a sound business arrangement."

Princeton head coach Charlie Caldwell also agreed with the proposals, while Nassau Athletic Director R. Kenneth Fairman had even stronger sentiments.

Fairman suggested that each Ivy college should play each other college at least once during the season. Such a program, it has been suggested, would now be more feasible since depth on football squads will no longer be such a major factor.

Officials on the local scene were unavailable for comment. Thomas D. Bolles, Director of Athletics, was out of town for the weekend.