Trinity's Booters Heavily Favored To Top Crimson

Highest-Rated Team in N.E. Meets Varsity at Hartford

Trinity, the team to beat in New England soccer this year, is a heavy favorite to defeat the Crimson this afternoon in a 2 p.m. game at Hartford.

With two All-New Englanders in the starting lineup and all but two lettermen back from the team which outscored its opposition 28-5 last year, the host squad anticipates little serious competition from Bruce Munro's sophomore-laden squad.

Pete Carlough, third highest scorer in New England last year, and Captain Neil Mutchler and George Lunt, the two All New Englanders, lead the Trinity offense. In the goal will be veteran Ed Smith who blanked his opposition in five consecutive games last year and allowed only five scores in the entire season.

Munro will start practically the same squad which upset Williams last week. Charlie Platt may get the nod over last week's starter Ed Jacobsen, although Munro is uncertain about his fullbacks. Juan Rodriguez is the other probable starter.

Crimson Freshmen Favored

Bill Lingelbach and Godfrey Truslow, the scorers in the Williams game, will start at the wings and undoubtedly play the whole game. Stacy Holmes and Bob Lloyd will open at the insides. Marv Weiss and Alex Haegler will alternate in the center forward and center half posts.

Flanking Weiss and Haegler will be Captain Bobby Dean and Rusty MacIntosh. Denny Little can play in any of the halfback positions and will see action as a substitute, as will Steve Szaras.

Pete Briggs will start in the goal. Lindsey Fisher will make the trip, but because of an injury during practice this week, he will probably not do any goal tending.

The high-scoring freshmen are favored over Belmont Hill in the 2 p.m. game on the Business School Field. Poley Guyda's squad has tallied 12 goals in the two games it has played to date.

The prediction for fair, brisk weather for today cuts down the possibility of an upset by the Crimson. Munro's group may have stood a better chance of a wet or soggy field.