Yardling Booters Trounce MIT 2-0

Freshman Soccermen Set for Dartmouth

Poley Guyda's undefeated Yardling soccer team won its fourth straight game yesterday by shutting out M.I.T., 2 to 0, at Tech. The Engineers were the toughest opponents to date for the freshmen, but Guyda said, "We were really beating them to the ball, and our passing game paid off."

The Crimson scored after 14 minutes of the first period on a shot by inside Eddie Burlingame, who was fed by center forward Gray Hodnett. Outside Archie Leyashmeyer iced the game early in the third period by putting a cross from the other outside, Jim Polese, into the net.

Defensive standouts for the Crimson included goalie Ingvars Vitands, half Red Wexler, and fullbacks George McGarrity and Eric Frank. Tech's best chance to score came on a penalty kick by center forward John Lecoq, which went awry.

Guyda was pleased with his club's performance and used but one substitution. The Yardlings suffered no injuries in the contest and will be at full strength against a tough Dartmouth team here Friday. Also playing for the Crimson against Tech were halfbacks Erik Strapper, Captain Al Hoyt, and Steve Reibal, and inside Steve Parker.