Ivy Films Presents Program To Aid Small Organizations

Ivy Films has set up an arrangement by which it could help other organizations wishing to show films. "We don't want a monopoly," Charles G. Kadison, Jr. '55, Ivy Film Cinema director, said last night. "We are prepared to help and assist any undergraduate group desiring to exhibit films and, if necessary, we will relinquish some of our scheduled dates to them."

"There are two alternatives open to a group wishing to show pictures," explained Kadison. "First, they can follow the procedure, that has always been used in the past. They can go to the Dean's Office, rent a hall, set a date, book the film, advertise and exhibit."

No Charge for Service

"On the other hand, if they don't want to go to all this trouble, or if they don't have experience in motion picture exhibiting, they can come to us. We will be too glad to assist them--without charge."

The arrangement would operate in the same way as the Ivy Cinema series established earlier this term. Ivy Films administers this program, but the Liberal Union and the U.N. Council share in the profits and losses of Ivy Cinema.

A group which takes advantage of Ivy's proposal would thus be relieved of the technical details involved in exhibiting. All profits and losses would accrue to the group, however.

Advantages Stated

"Of course we would prefer a group to select a free date on our schedule," said Kadison, "but if a particular night is desired, we will relinquish it to them, helping in an advisory or supervisory capacity. We have contracted a projectionist and artist for the series, at substantially reduced rates. They have promised not to work with other groups in this area, but if an organization wishes us to manage a showing for them, we will lean them our facilities and men."

Kadison cited the German Club as a group that has expressed interest in the new plan. "We are currently helping them select a film," he said, "and arrangements should be completed soon."