Pudding Has Part For Julius LaRosa

The Hasty Pudding Club has broken one of its oldest traditions by offering to star a professional entertainer, Julius La Rosa, in next spring's theatrical.

Thomas Rockwell, the singing star's agent, received this wire yesterday from the club: "We are holding a part for Julius La Rosa that assures him of stardom in our coming 106th annual production 'Ad Man Out.' It is only fitting and proper that he move from the king of television to the king of the legitimate stage." Rockwell declined immediate comment on the offer, saying, "It's up to Julius."

Arthur Godfrey fired the 23-year-old baritone Monday because he failed to show the proper "humility." Since then, La Rosa has been swamped with offers to appear on television, in night clubs and to make records.

The production of America's oldest continuous theatrical had included a scene spoofing "Arthur Godfrey and His Buddies," but recent developments forced drastic changes in the script. Fitz Hugh Brown, the director of theatricals, would not disclose La Rosa's part.