Crimson Varsity Takes Light Drill

Although no injuries were suffered in the Dartmouth game, the varsity football team was still without the services of regulars Harvey Popell and Bob Cowles, as it took the field for a short practice yesterday afternoon. Cowles has a shoulder separation, and Popell is in Stillman Infirmary.

Coach Lloyd Jordan sent starters Bill Weber, Bill Meigs, Jeff Coolidge, Tim Anderson, Bernie O'Brien, Nick Culolias, Bob Hardy, John Culver, and Dick Clasby into the Field House before he began the session's heavy contact work.

The scrimmage saw the second and third varsity elevens scrimmaging each other and Norman Shepard's junior varsity team. Tailbacks Sammy Fyock and Cal Lowenstein got off several long runs and completed a few passes, mostly to end George Clark.

The Crimson players also spent part of the day studying movies of Saturday's 20 to 14 win over Dartmouth and then got their first briefing from scouts on what to expect from Davidson, their opponents at the Stadium this weekend.

Davidson has lost five games this year, the last to Furman by a 34 to 0 score. However, on the basis of last year's game here, it could be an interesting contest.