Dean's Office Kills New Football Ticket Method

Idea to Eliminate Long Lines Will Be Put in Effect for 1954

By Richard A. Burgheim

The Undergraduate Athletic Council football ticket distribution plan run up against a stone wall yesterday, making impossible any change in the allocation system this season.

The wall was 2 by 3 1/2 inches and made of orange cardboard--the bursar's card.

After receiving the approval of Athletic Director Thomas D. Bolles and H.A.A. Ticket Manager Frank O. Lunden, the proposal was vetoed by the Dean's Office yesterday afternoon. The objectionable portion of the plan was the requirement that the ticket applicant submit his bursar's card and money in an envelope and then pick up his card and tickets several days later.

Lunden stated the Dean's Office could not sanction the new procedure, because "a student must have this identification at all times."

Although the plan to end waiting in line is killed for this fall, Lunden added, "It can be definitely handled for next year." He indicated the possibility of giving each student "some form of special card to take care of it."

May Issue "All-Sports" Card

In agreement with Lunden was Assistant Athletic Director Donald M. Felt '49. He called the Undergraduate Athletic Council proposal "a very good one" and said that it or one like it would go into effect for the 1954 football ticket sales. Felt also saw the possibility of students receiving an "extra all-sports card" as well as a bursar's card.

Hence the class struggle will continue in the Union basement for Brown and Yale tickets in the next two weeks. Princeton seats are now on sale, with only the colonnade left.