POX ON THE HUCKSTERS

The Mail

To the Editors of the Harvard CRIMSON:

Having just completed a trying reading of the commentary accompanying the pictures in this year's Radcliffe Freshman Register we cannot help but choke back a feeling of disgust. Undoubtedly sundry Square merchants are deeply indebted, in view of the subtle plugs for their respective products. We will even venture a prediction that the bewildered freshmen will sleep more soundly this year, secure in the knowledge that, "the Harvard Typewriter Exchange is prepared to meet emergencies," all her Christmas shopping "is easily accomplished at the Upper Story on Church street," and that the Ambassador Taxi Company is waiting to relieve the travelling inconveniences of the underground transit. Unfortunately, we're old fashioned and still prefer to see readable copy at the beginning, and advertisements at the end. SO couldn't the editors of the Radcliffe Yearbook have had some consideration for the curious Harvard student who finally became a little tried of gazing at the pictures, and treated him to some witty comments on the local scene, not a series of disguised commercials? Lawrence S. Cohen '54