Harriers Favored To Get Third Win At Brown Today

With two wins tucked away, varsity and freshman cross-country teams face an unimpressive Brown squad this afternoon at 3:30 p.m. on the Bruins' course in Providence.

Though the Crimson barriers enter today's meet with only a day's rest after Wednesday's win against Boston University, they are given the nod as the team to best.

Both Brown teams look unpromising so far this season, particularly after losing badly to Yale last week. The big worry for Crimson captain Hal Gerry is the Bruin course.

"The toughest thing about the Brown meet should be their course. It's tricky and very easy to get lost on," Gerry commented. Two years ago a Crimson runner lost his way.

Gerry finished first against providence and second in the B.U. meet, and as top Crimson runner, can be expected to give Andrew Ise, the best of Brown, a run for his money.

The freshman meet looms as a closer contest. Captain Bill Morris, with a first and second so far this season, stands as the leading Yardling runner against Brown freshman Dave Corrigan. The Yardlings are looking for their third successive victory this season.