Adams, Eliot Win in House Leagues; Harrier Meet Off

Adams and Eliot turned in shutout wins yesterday in a pair of rescheduled House football league games, blanking Winthrop and Lowell respectively.

Victim of the schedule shuffling, the Inter-House Cross Country run, originally scheduled for the day, was put off until next Thursday in order not to interfere with the two games.

The Gold Coasters hit paydirt in the second and fourth quarters in registering their 12-0 victory over Winthrop. Quarterback Jim King threw to Art Warren for the first Adams score, but the extra-point try failed. Then in the fourth quarter the Gold Coasters tallied again on an end run by halfback Dick Corbell.

The second extra point try was no more successful that the first as the Winthrop line rushed in to block the attempted conversion.

Eliot coasted to an easy 19-0 victory over the winless Bellboys on the strength of a first period pass that went for 15 yards, bolstered by two more safety margin scores in the second and third periods.

The luckless Lowell team, scoreless so far in league competition, suited up only eleven men.