Pusey, 3 Other Heads To Make Appearance Before Red Probers

President Pusey and the presidents of three other local colleges will testify at an open hearing of the Massachusetts State Communism Commission at an undecided date in the near future, it was learned yesterday.

In addition to President Pusey, Margaret Clapp, president of Wellesley; James R. Killian, president of M.I.T.; Harold Case, president of Boston University; and Dean William J. Kenealy of the Boston College Law School will appear at the public hearing.

State Senator Phillip G. Bowker, chairman of the Commission, yesterday called the proposed hearing "just a conference and discussion." He revealed that the Commission had already questioned Pusey and Kenealy on Nov. 12 at a private hearing. The other educators have subsequently talked to the Commission in private.

Bowker's Commission has been working on the problem of Communism in Massachusetts since Labor Day. Their work has included a study of Communist activities in education.

"We're not talking on this at the moment," Bowker said yesterday. "So far we've just discussed the matter with different educators."

The Commission's activities came to light yesterday when its members met with the state's top prosecutors to discuss legal moves against Communists.

Attorney General George Fingold, all district attorneys and Public Safety Commissioner Otis M. Whitney attended.