Freshman, JV Football Teams Face Tiger; Soccer Game With Nassau Rated Toss-Up

Crimson Soccer Team Is at Full Strength In Big Three Test

By Peter G. Palches

Socer in the snow, soccer in the slush perhaps, or soccer in the rain--soccer in near-freezing temperatures, at any rate, is the morning fare on the Business School Field.

Princeton and the Crimson, both with mediocre records, clash at 10:30 in the first Big Three game of the season. The games as a rule go to the host squad, so Bruce Munro's team gets the nod in a game which promises, weather-wise, to be one of the strangest of the Harvard-Princeton series.

To date, both squads have lost to the big teams and taken the small ones. Since its opening win over Williams, the Crimson has bowed to Wesleyan, Dartmouth, Trinity, and Amherst, while topping Boston University and M.I.T. The Tigers have a 3-3-1 record, which includes losses to Swarthmore and Cornell and a victory over Lafayette.

For the first time in five games, Bruce Munro will have his team at full strength. Stacy Holmes will still be favoring an anskle sprained in the B.U. game, but he will start at center.

Sophomore wings Bill Lingelbach and Godfrey Truslow, sophomore insides Dick Fisher and Bob Lloyd, and junior center forward Alex Haegler, the team's high scorer, comprise the tentative starting line. Captain Bobby Dean and Rusty MacIntosh, two of the team's most dependable performers, will start at the halfback positions with Holmes. Pete Briggs is starting in the goal.

The Tigers are bringing an 18-man squad, led by high-scoring Nick Cordero. Nick Angell, the Princeton captain, is one of the East's outstanding goalies.

An old soccer rule, disregarded in New England League play, limits a team to five substitutions and three re-substitutions. This rule will be in effect in this contest and may reduce the Crimson's home-team advantage.

Munro's five top substitutes will probably be Mary Weiss, utility lineman and forward, Bill Cowperthwaite, a wing, inside Dick Elwell, Charlie Platt, and Jack Whiting.