Pusey to Bolster Blood Donations

President Pusey will attempt to boost the low Blood Drive total tomorrow as he becomes the first president to donate to the campaign.

Arthur D. Bloom '56, publicity chairman of the drive, said yesterday that almost 1,300 pints have been collected to date. He expects that 1,500 will have been given by the time the drive ends tomorrow.

Although donation figures are far below those of recent years--primarily because of the end of the Korean War--Bloom said that they are "satisfactory, although not quite a success."

2,500 Originally Sought

Earlier this fall, 3,100 students from colleges around the Square--mostly from Harvard--signed up to give blood. Only about 2,100 of these, however, received permission from their parents. The Drive heads originally hoped for 2,500 pints.

Yesterday's totals were the best yet this fall. A total of 308 pints were given, and about 70 percent of students who made appointments kept them.

Bloom pointed out that many of those who had missed previous appointments donated yesterday. Others who have missed their original appointments may give blood any time tomorrow between 11:45 and 5:45 p.m.