Varsity, Yardling Squads to Wrestle Williams Tonight

Williams varsity and freshman wrestling teams will visit the L.A.B. this afternoon to open the 1953-54 season for the Crimson. The Yardling match will start at 2 p.m., with the varsity competition beginning at 3:30 p.m.

Coach Bob Pickett's varsity, which has shown speed and experience in practice, will be out to improve upon last year's record of three wins, two ties, and three losses. The Crimson coach expects to use four juniors, three sophomores, and only one senior--Captain Chick Chandler.

The varsity sophomores--Pete Morrison, Phil Burnaman, and Frank Baker--came up from last year's undefeated Yardling team.

Williams is still something of an unknown quantity to Pickett; the visitors have four sophomores in their line-up and some surprises may be in the offing.

The varsity lineup for Saturday's match is as follows: Don Fern at 123; Dick Adams at 130; Burnaman at 137; Baker at 147; Lennie Miller at 157; Chandler at 167; Ken Culbert at 177; and Pete Morrison in the unlimited weight class.

For the Yardlings it will be Tatsuo Arima at 123, Phil Andrews at 130, Charlie Roche at 137, Mike Murray at 147, Tom Rokel at 157, Bob Gilmore at 167, Jimmy Dale at 177, and Bob Wynne in the unlimited weight class.