Eight Ivy Group Presidents May Sign New Sports Pact

Teams Would Compete Against Each Other In Regular Circuit

Presidents of the eight Ivy Group colleges are expected to approve the new Ivy sports agreement at a special meeting at the University Club in New York this morning.

If the plan is ratified, it would not only provide a complete Ivy League football schedule of seven games within the league for each team, but would set up a league similar to the current basketball circuit for tennis, track, cross country, baseball, wrestling, and lacrosse.

The plan was drawn up by the deans of the eight colleges. If it is passed, it will be administered by a non-rotating nine man committee composed of three presidents, three athletic directors, and three deans. This group will set the policies in all the sports under the new agreement.

No Spring Practice

The present ban on spring practice would stay in force under the proposal. The question of participating in post-season all-star competition has been left up to the decision of the presidents. They may either clamp a ban on this practice too, or decide to leave it up to the individual colleges.

A seven-game slate of intra-league contests cannot go into effect before 1956 no matter what the presidents decide today, because schedules for the fall of 1955 have already been completed. Harvard six Ivy games in 1955, playing all the League colleges but Penn.

Although reaction to the new agreement has been generally favorable since it was first publicized earlier this fall, there has been speculation that Princeton's President Harold Dodds is not entirely in favor of a tighter circuit.