Yearbook, Freshmen Seek 'Lost' Balzotti

The search is still on for Gaesare Undula Balzotti, III. Late last night, neither Yearbook Publications nor his Smoker Election committee had been able to locate him.

With Balzotti missing a rumor has continued to circulate in the Yard that the Yearbook Publications and a group of freshmen who call themselves the "Balzotti Election Committee," have conspired to engineer a large scale hoax on the freshman class.

The "Balzotti Affair" began last week with the almost simultaneous distribution of Freshman Registers and the start of smoker Campaigning. Balzotti was one of the first to be nominated, and his name was plastered all over the Yard bulletin boards as well as on the walls of the Freshman Union.

Sunday night, the Weld North Vigilance Committee discovered that the Register listed Balzotti's room as Weld North 64 which is non-existant. The Committee reported this to J. Vernon Patrick '52, Secretary of the Union, who ordered all Balzotti's posters taken down until he could be discovered.

Last night the CRIMSON received the following telegram: "I resent the scurrilous un-American treatment you have accorded my son. His unfortunate resemblance to A. J. Geyer is caliginous enough without persecution by you. With this in mind, the beneileiaries of my will may be changed from Harvard to Yale, Perhaps McCarthy was right. Caesare Undula Balzotti, II."

According to information supplied in the Register. Balzotti III hails from Tauganyika, Kenya, Africa, and is a graduate of Cherry Hill School.

Yearbook President Alan J. Geyer '54, looking independently for Balzotti, said he hadn't seen him in the last few days. Geyer passed over Balzotti's and his resemblance, saying "It's too had for one of us."

From their headquarters in Wiggles worth B-12, Balzotti's supporters said that they had postponed tonight's rally, but promised that he would speak at a Yard meeting tomorrow.

Peter N. Stearns '57, Chairman of the Union Smoker Election Committee said that if Balzotti is not found by tomorrow, he will not be eligible to run for election.