Basketball Team To Meet Wesleyan

The problem of fitting two high-scoring pivot men into the same lineup faces coach Norm Shepard tonight as his varsity basketball team goes after its second victory of the year against the Wesleyan quintet at Middletown.

Harry Sacks and Ed Blodnick dropped in 39 of his team's 68 points in the Saturday victory over B.U., but both are pivot men, and have to watch each other play from the bench. This week in practice Shepard has been trying to work out a system of playing them simultaneously and he may unveil it against Wesleyan.

He may decide, however, to retain his single pivot style of play and keep Blodnick as a substitute. He is indefinite as yet. At any rate, he will start the same squad which topped B.U. Sacks centered that team, with Dick Manning and Rollin Perry at the forwards and Bill Dennis and Ed Krinsky at the guards. Blodnick, Paul Shaw, Roger Bulger, Bob Bowman, and Ed Condon will all see action as substitutes.

The floating zone defense which kept B.U. to a mere 47 points will be less effective against Wesleyan, whose scoring punch is from the outside.

The freshmen also go to Wesleyan. Coach Floyd Wilson will start forwards Bob Dalvin and Red Long, guards Lou Lowenfels and Dick Hurley, and center Ike Cany.