Stevenson Will Deliver 1953-54 Godkin Talks

Dean Mason Releases No Dates or Subject For Government Talks

Adlai E. Stevenson will deliver the 1953-54 Godkin Lectures in Government, Dean Edward S. Mason of the School of Public Administration announced yesterday.

The dates and subject of the three lectures--open to the public--have not yet been released.

The University recently denied reports that Stevenson had been proposed by James B. Conant as successor for president of Harvard.

Stevenson, Democratic candidate for President in 1952, was Governor of Illinois from 1948 to 1952. During World War II he served as Assistant to the Secretary of the Navy, worked in the Foreign Economic Administration, and was a special assistant to the Secretary of State. Recently, he advised the American delegation to the San Francisco and London Conferences of the United Nations, and served as U.S. Delegate of the U.N. General Assembly.

Stevenson was born in Los Angeles, graduated from Princeton in 1922, and received the S.J.D. degree from North-western University in 1926, and attended Harvard Law School.

John J. McCloy, fromer High Commissioner to Germany, gave the most recent in the series which began in 1903 with the establishment of a lectureship in honor of E. L. Godkin, editor of the New York Evening Post and The Nation.