Navy Defeats Squash Team; Crimson at Princeton Today

Playing against a strong Navy team--not against Army as the CRIMSON had stated--the varsity squash team dropped its first match of the season yesterday, 5 to 4.

Jack Barnaby's team will be a slight favorite today as it takes on Princeton, at Princeton.

As was expected yesterday, Charlie Ufford and Dave Watts won their matches in the top two positions. Ufford topped Art Potter 11-15, 18-15, 15-13, 15-8. Watts defeated Tim Seabloom, 15-8, 15-10, 15-11.

Hadden Tomes won his match in the fourth spot for the Crimson, 3 to 1. In the most spectacular match of the day, Steve Sonnabend came from behind after dropping his first game and topped his Middle opponent 16-18, 15-3, 15-12, 15-9.

Crimson Still Has Title Chance

Navy took the rest of the matches. Larry Brownell, playing third man for the Crimson lost, 3 to 2. Johnny Rauh lost, 3 to 1, and Charlie Elliott, Bill Wister, and Mike Ward failed to win a game.

The victory leaves Navy undefeated. Yale plays at Annapolis today. Should Navy win, it will have captured the national championship. A Yale win will mean a three-way race for the championship, with the Crimson, Navy, and Yale all in contention.

Yale could then retain the title by topping Harvard. If the Crimson should defeat Yale, however, there would be a three way won-lost tie and the championship would go on to be decided on the basis of match scores.