Four Crimson Wrestlers Win NEAAU Titles

Four Crimson wrestlers captured first place medals in the annual New England AAU wrestling championships at the Boston YMCA Saturday night, and a fifty century lost to a former Crimson star.

Captain Johnny Lee, skipping a chance for his third NEAAU title at 125.5, won the championship at 136 pounds. Freshman Captain Dick Hook also turned in as impressive performance, copping the gold medal at 157. The other winners for the Crimson were Chick Chandler at 167 and George Bates at 191.

Don Fern, originally entered in the 125.5 class, had to withdraw from the contest because of a finger injury suffered last week.

Biggest disappointment of the night came for sophomore Ken Culbert, who was defeated in the first round by ex-Crimson star Pete Fuller. Culvert was the victim of a "quick pin," a peculiarity of the Olympic wrestling rules in which a pin is scored the instant the shoulders are on the mat. Until almost the end of the medal at 157. The other winners for the fought his opponent on even terms. Fuller was hurt in this match, and had to withdraw from the meet.

The largest team entries in the field of 75 competitors came from Columbia, Springfield, Williams, Amherst, and B.U.