Basketball Team Nicked by Underdog B.U. Five, 70-66

Harvard coach Norman Shepard feared Boston University's big men, but it was the smallest man on the team, little Johnny Nunziato, who led the Terriers to a 70 to 66 upset victory over the Crimson at the winners gym last night.

Nunziato put on a spectacular last minute dribbling and ball stealing show to protect the Terriers lead and edge the varsity.

Dennis High

Don McFagdon, one of the three B. U. men over six foot three, led the Scarlet with 22 points, although junior Billy Dennis flipped in 25, high for both the Crimson and the game.

Nunziato--who played second string quarterback behind Harry Agannis--was second to no one last night. He stole the ball away, and flashed speed and dribbling control, as Harvard pressed desperately,

The Crimson led by three points until the last three minutes, when Nunziato went into the game. Then he scored on a push shot, and Reisner, who was second high for B.U. with 12, made a hook and a layup to put the Terriers ahead.

The game was a tough, dirty one; at one point, sophomore Dick Manning and McFagden fought, and both benches and coaches joined the scramble. Officials had to break up a verbal squabble between Zunic and the usually mild mannered Shepard.

Dennis scored his points on nine field goals and seven free throws, while sophomore Harry Sacks noted 19, on five baskets and nine free throws.