Seniors Offered New Ford Grants

Seniors and first year graduate students at Harvard and Radcliffe will have a chance to win one of the Ford Foundation's new experimental fellowships for work in the behavioral sciences, Jerome S. Bruner, professor of Psychology, announced yesterday.

The grants, for work in psychology, anthropology, sociology, or political behavior, are open only to students who have not majored in any of these fields as undergraduates.

Available only to students in a few colleges, the stipends are $1,500.

In a letter to the chairmen of all departments and to the CRIMSON, Bruner for a 'second guess' about field of study called the scholarships "an opportunity for superior students wishing to do graduate work."

Bruner explained that many students wish to change fields at a graduate level, but it is usually difficult for them to find fellowships.

"Personally," said Bruner, "I find Shifting around refreshing, especially in this period of tremendous specialization."

Bruner, who was appointed by Provost Buck to take charge of applications at the University, announced the deadline at March 10.