Alleged Breach of Academic Code Highlights 'Cliffe Council, Cedar Hill

An alleged violation of Radcliffe's academic honor system led the Radcliffe Student Council to close its meeting yesterday afternoon. This move, contrary to a Council policy set early last fall, was made in order t observe a procedure set by the Dean's Office in 1946.

This Council action prompted a proposal, at the evening Cedar Hill Conference, to review the entire Student Government policy on open and closed meetings. Motions to limit closed meetings to cases of the academic honor system were twice defeated, and the matter was handed back to the Council for further consideration.

The role of the Council's Executive Board, consisting of top Student Government officials, came up for review last night. Cedar Hill recommended to increase the size of the Executive Board and that it report its actions to Council when the larger group is not originally consulted.

Cedar Hill delegates voted to continue the system of a Freshmen Class Committee, introduced this year to replace the presidential organization, and also recommended a new system of electing senior class marshals.