Four Discuss Taft Changes In Law Panel

Archibald Cox '34, professor of Law, will charge at tonight's Law School Forum that Senator Robert A. Taft's new proposal for amendment of the Taft-Hartley law "would make a bad situation worse."

Cox, who has just returned to his post here after resigning as Chairman of the Wage Stabilization Board, stated that the present law should give way to one under which the President may select "one of a number of measures at the last possible moment" in order to leave the bargaining parties subject to the risks which are the "motive power" of collective bargaining.

Taft has proposed in his amendment that a new administrator, who is to take the place of the former general counsel, be separated from the National Labor Relations Board.

Denham Debatee

Opposing Cox at the Forum which begins at 8 p.m. tonight at Rindge Technical High School, will be Robert N. Denham, former general counsel of the National Labor Relations Board, who has stated that the Taft-Hartley law can be beneficial if appropriately administered. Denham said that he does not believe that organized labor, representing 25 percent of American workers, has any right to dictate the operation of industry.

Also participating in the debate, which will be moderated by Donald H. Wollett, visiting professor of Law, will be Leslie E. Wools, director of Industrial Relations at the Raytheon Manufacturing Company of Waltham, representing industry, and David Feller '38, general counsel of the C.I.O., who will personally represent Walter Reuther, President of the C.I.O.