'Cliffe to Have French House; No New Co-op

Mary S. Moser, Radcliffe Doan of Residence, announced yesterday that there will definitely be a French House in Saville next year.

The petition requesting its formation was signed by 30 students, although only 25 can be accommodated in the Shepard St. house.

Room assignment cards are being sent out today. At present, Everett House, Edmand, and Peach House will remain as the only cooperatives. Henry House was to have been vacated, but will remain open because the space is needed. The College had hoped to obtain another co-operative, but was unsuccessful.

A screening process will be undertaken to determine who will live in the projected French House. A French professor will interview the applicants on their speaking ability. It has not yet been decided whether the residents will be able to speak English at specified times.

Certain final decisions have yet to be made by President Jordan. Due to an increase in applications this year, more accommodations will be needed for next year's freshmen. Dean Moser would also like to house more of the many commuters who requested campus rooms.

A larger resident student group is wanted by officials and undergraduates, but the College as yet has not been able to get another building.