Masters Deny Hours Change Asked by Key

The Housemasters have denied a Crimson Key petition to extend room permissions during the All-College Weekend, scheduled for May 1 to 3, it was learned last night.

Speaking for the Housemasters, Mason Hammond '25, Master of Kirkland House, said that "the already established rule will be in force," ending room permissions at the time a dance is schedule to begin.

Hammond referred to the decision, taken by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences last December, extending parietal rules--with the stipulation, however, that room permissions would end at the hour a House or college dance is scheduled to begin.

Ruling Disappoints Gordon

Plans for the All-College Weekend call for dances in each of the seven Houses on Friday night, and a Saturday night formal. This means that room permissions will end at 8:30 p.m. on both nights.

Charles Gordon '54, co-chairman of the All-College Weekend, expressed disappointment at the action of the Housemasters. "We had hoped to extend parietal rules, so that students could entertain their dates in their rooms until they decide to go to the dance. After all," he said, "most people will arrive at the dance an hour late."

The Housemasters also denied a request to permit women at Sunday morning breakfast.

Meanwhile, Crimson Key officers said that the results of a student poll on whether the Weekend should be run will be ready next week.