Dickson Wins Radcliffe Race For SGA President Position

Lois Dickson '54 edged out Nancy Fisher '54 for the post of Radcliffe Student Government president last night. Miss Dickson, of Briggs Hall and Portland, Me., collected 431 votes, and Miss Fisher, of Moors and Washington, D.C., only other candidate for the post, gained 374.

In the races for the other Council posts, Sidney Foster '54, of Holmes Hall and Fargo, N.D., was elected vice-president with 328 votes. Betty Ann Eilers '54 was runner-up with 196.

Janet Titus '55, of Moors Hall and Pacific Palisades, Calif., defeated Frances Morse '55, for the position of secretary, with 435 votes to Miss Morse's 282.

Mary MacGregor '55, of Whitman Hall and Fargo, N.D., was elected treasurer with 295 votes and Charlotte DeMonte sub-treasurer, with 242. Sally Huntington '56, of Briggs Hall and St. James, L.I., won the post of Electoral Chairman with 310 votes. Joan Rubinstein was second with 107 votes.

The post of NSA delegate will be filled by Cynthia Crawford '55, of Moors Hall and Bryn Mawr, Pa., who received 312 votes; the alternate delegate will be Jewell Taylor '55, of Moors Hall and Ansonia, Conn., with 211 votes.

Brenda Haram '54, of Moors hall and Marion, Ind., won the office of NSA treasurer with 416 votes, defeating Joanne Rothenburg '56, who get 316.

A class of 38 class marshal candidates was trimmed to ten in simultaneous voting. Five marshals will be chosen on a ballot next week.

The finalists include Ruth Abrams, of Cabot and Newton, Mass., Nancy Barrow, of Bertram and Manhasset, L.I., Gwen Brigham, of Moors and Montclair, N.J., and Holly Walker Butler, of Moors and Mendota, III.

Others are Ann Cook, of Bertram and New York City, Dele Gilmore, of Moors and Quincy, Mass., Denise Mangravite, of Barnard and New York City, Louise Province, of Briggs and Washington, D.C., Ann Satterthwaite, of Gilman and Tenafly, N.J., and Gracia Taketa, of Bertram and Washington, D.C.