Dining Halls May Be Forced To Cancel All Milk Servings

"We may be forced to stop serving milk in the dining halls," William A. Heaman, Manager of Dining Halls, warned yesterday.

Students were limited to one glass per meal in all the dining halls yesterday.

"As long as milk is available," Heaman said, "the students will have it. however, If we can't get any, we will have to get along as best we can while the strike lasts."

Meanwhile, a student group, the society to Aid the Milk Strikers, has formed to protest against the "One Glass Milk Tyranny of the University." The group claims a membership of 25.

George B. Driesen '54, temporary chairman of the group, said that University authorities have "obviously entered into a new alliance with milk management by limiting students to only one glass of milk."

He added, "Managers of the milk company and dining hall officials have concocted the present one glass tyranny to convince students that the strikers are wrong." Heaman denied the statement.

Driesen claimed that the University is receiving daily deliveries from a large producer, and therefore, the only reason for limiting the milk is to attempt to make the students blame the strikers.