University Programs on WGBH Win 2 Awards At Ohio State Institute on Radio Education

Two University contributions to WGBH and the Lowell Institute Cooperative Broadcasting Council received top honors at the 23rd Institute for Education by Radio-TV, held at Ohio State University this week.

A weekly musical program, "Tomorrow's Symphony," conducted by G. Wallace Woodworth '24, professor of Music, was cited for filling "the need of the listener for better enjoyment and understanding of the Boston Symphony's concerts" which the station broadcasts subsequently.

Louis M. Lyons, Curator of the Nieman Fellows, was honored for his weekly news broadcast, receiving first honorable mention for presentation of news interpretation He was praised "for an excellent analysis by an outspoken and responsible reporter."

WGBH was competing with commercial and non-commercial stations throughout the country which offer educational and cultural programs. It is a frequency modulation station run cooperatively by colleges in the Boston area including Harvard, M.I.T., Tufts, and Boston University.