Varsity Ten Tops Trinity, 11 to 2; Waring Scores Six

The varsity lacrosse team, using every available squad member, amashed Trinity College yesterday, 11 to 2. Attackman Phil Waring remained the Crimson's top scorer, leading the attack with six goals.

The Yardlings submerged Lawrence, 20 to 0, on the freshman field.

Waring first scored on an extra man play, taking a pass from midfielder Fred Horween after 0:08 of the first period. Seven seconds later, he again scored on another Horween pass, using the same play.

The Crimson tallied once more when, at 2:25, Ed Curtis passed from behind the cage to Horween, who cluded a Trinity defenseman and drilled a screen shot past the goalie. After those three lightning tallies, the Trinity defense stiffened and prevented further scoring in the period.

Trinity Scores

The varsity ten again broke into the scoring column when Todd Goodwin countered on a pass from defenseman John Hartwell, who captured a loose ball and ran the length of the field for the assist. Horween scored at 3:52 and Waring collected his third at 6:32. The half ended with the Crimson leading, 6 to 0.

In the third quarter, with two men out on penalties, the Crimson was unable to keep the visitors from scoring, but Captain Ron Huebsch scored at 7:23, and Waring got his fourth at 10:30 and fifth at 11:25.

Trinity scored again when a shot bounced off Goalie John Ogden's chest protector into the goal. Coach Bruce Munro frequently used his third, fourth, and even fifth midfields late in the game.

The fourth period goals were registered by Warning, who got his sixth on a pass from Curtis, and Goodwin tallied, unassisted, at 12:15.