Tennis Team Rips Pennsylvania, 6-3 For Twelfth Win

Jack Barnaby's tennis squad toppled Pennsylvania 6 to 3 yesterday afternoon and returned to Cambridge late last night with a two won, one-lost record for its five day trip south.

The Crimson found unexpectedly rough going against the underdog Quakers. Four out of the five singles matches went to three sets before the varsity could pull out victories.

It was the 12th win against four losses for the Crimson.

Johnny Rauh took his second victory of the trip at the number one position. He clipped the Quakers' Jim Whitmoyer 6-3, 1-6, 6-3.

Charles Rieger edged Crimson Captain Charlie Ufford 8-6, 5-7, 7-5 at the number two spot. At number three, Art French topped Morris Krome 4-6, 8-6, 6-3. Alex Haegler won in straight sets 8-6, 7-5, and Don Bossart defeated Elis Klingerman at five, 7-5, 7-9, 7-5.

Dave Watts at the sixth position for the Crimson had to default.

Whitmoyer and Rieger took the Quakers' final point 6-3, 6-3, from Ufford and French in the number one doubles. Rauh and Haegler defeated Krome and Klingerman at second doubles 6-4, 6-0, and Bossart and Herb Stone took the final doubles match 7-5, 6-3.

The freshman "B" tennis squad crushed a team from the aircraft carrier Leyte yesterday 8 to 1 at home.

Burnaby's squad, which dropped its fourth decision of the year to Princeton on Friday and then rebounded against Columbia on Saturday, will hold its first practice session in a week today.

Dartmouth's varsity and freshman squads will be in Cambridge tomorrow for 3:45 p.m. matches.