Crimson Tennis Team Meets Favored Elis in Finale Here

By John J. Iselin

Yale and the Crimson battle it out on the Soldiers Field courts for second place in the Eastern Intercollegiate Tennis League this afternoon at 3:45 p.m.

Both teams have lost only to Princeton in EITL play, but the Elis on the basis of their narrow loss to the Tigers Monday rate as slightly favorites in the finale today.

Jack Barnaby's squad warmed up by crushing Dartmouth 14 to 1 yesterday for its 14th win in 18 matches.

"It should be a humdinger of a match," Barnaby admitted yesterday. "We know Yale's strong and we know we're pretty strong. I'd rate it a toss up."

The Elis have been winning their matches all season a little more decisively than the Crimson. Against the Tigers Yale was on the verge of pulling a sensational upset, leading 4 to 2 after singles play. But the Blue lost all three doubles and the match, 5 to 4. The Tigers topped the Crimson 6 to 3.

Rauh Faces Raskind

"You have to remember that Yale has been playing its tough matches at home," Barnaby reminds. "We played Princeton down there."

Facing Johnny Rauh will be the Bulldog's standout number one man Dick Raskind. The Eli handed the Tigers' Pablo Eisenburg his first loss of the sea- son Monday, and is favored over Rauh today.

At two and three for Yale are Al Englander and Captain Hank Blodget, both consistent winners all season. Captain Charlie Ufford, who dropped his Dartmouth opponent 6-0, 6-0 yesterday, will play Englander. Art French will meet Blodget.

Alex Haegler at four has been playing at the top of his game in both singles and doubles, but with lefty Gene Mann still out of the lineup, the Crimson will have to win in the lower positions to take the match.

Don Bossart goes at five for the Crimson, Dave Watts at six, Steve Spencer at seven, Don Stone at eight, Frank Goodman at nine, and Paul Trinchieri at ten