Crimson Nine Goes on Road To Face Army and Columbia

The Crimson nine moves from the Metropolitan league to the Metropolis today. Fresh from an 8 to 2 victory over M.I.T. here Wednesday, the team meets West Point there this afternoon, and Columbia in New York tomorrow.

Just what the Crimson is risking is anybody's guess. A team with much potential, but with many early season losses, the nine most probably will solidify its record. It is worth remembering, however, that the Crimson's only other southern trip ended in a southern trip ended in a loss to Penn and a Washout at Princeton.

Coach Stuffy Mcinnis, whose team left yesterday afternoon for New York, will probably start his usually line-up, led by hard-hitting captain and first baseman Russ Johnson. The Winthrop House senior collected a triple and a double to spice Crimson hitting against M.I.T.

McInnia will probably start Bob Ward, a fireballer who so far has been off and on, against the Black Knights. Andy Ward will probably, go against Columbia.

Both Columbia and Army will be on the Crimson block for the first and only time this year, and both are members of the Eastern Intercollegiate Baseball League. Two wins would sharpen the Crimson's position in the loop-it has only two league wins to its credit, and one loss.

Other -Events

Other weekend baseball events pit the Crimson J.V. against Newton Jr. College at Newton, and the powerful freshman team against Holy Cross.

The freshmen, only Harvard nine to appear locally, meet the Crusaders at 3 p.m. at Soldiers Field Saturday. The J.V. rained out yesterday in a scheduled game with Huntington School, will play today.