Symington to Address 'Cliffe Commencement

213 Members of '53, 122 Grad Students Receive Degrees

Two hundred and thirteen Radcliffe seniors will receive their Bachelor of Arts Degrees at today's Commencement exercises in Sanders Theatre.

They, with 122 candidates for advanced degrees, will march from the Radcliffe Yard to Sanders Theatre at 11 a.m., while Christ Church bells will play school songs.

Stuart Symington, Democratic Senator from Missouri, will deliver the main address at the graduation, where Reverend John H. Leamon, Minister of Cambridge's First Congregational Church will give the invocation and benediction.

Mrs. Butler Will Lead

On the Sanders stage, along with the Radcliffe trustees will be Professor Kenneth B. Murdock, Harvard's official representative.

Mrs. Holly Walker Butler, senior class marshal, and Nancy Barrow, president of the Student Council, will lead the procession. Mrs. John M. Maguire, college marshal will head the college officers and trustees, and Mrs. Barbara M. Solomon is the graduate students' marshal. The Harvard Band, directed by Peter Strauss '54, will play at the exercises.

Forty-four per cent of the senior class will receive honors and four of them will graduate summa cum laude. Those getting the highest honor that Radcliffe can confer are Margaret Stuart Bryan of Cambridge; Nancy Harriet Goldring of New York City; Laura Jane Klein of South Orange; and Catherine Lucretia Rubino of Port Chester, New York.

Thirty-one seniors will receive magna cum laude degrees, and Radcliffe president Wilbur K. Jordan will award 71 master of arts degrees, 34 master of arts degrees in teaching, and 17 doctor of philosophy degrees.