Roster of Returning Class Holds Many Famous Names

Harvard graduated 133 men into the field of manufacturing in 1928, while 93 became lawyers. Eighty-seven men became teachers, 80 went into various phases of brokerage, while 71 took the Hippocratic Oath. Some of the more famous classmates are:

Henry W. Bragdon, a master of Exeter, and a member of the Ford Foundation to study secondary education. Thomas H. Eliot, a former Massachusetts congressman, who with Judge Wyzanski drafted the Wagner Act. Eliot is currently head of the political science department at Washington University of St. Louis.

W. Barry Bingham, president and editor of the Louisville Courier-Journal, who just went around the world with Adlai E. Stevenson. The Reverend Duncan Howlett of the First Church of Boston, Malcolm Holmes, Dean of the New England Conservatory of Music, and Director of the Harvard Band for the last ten years. Johnny Green, song writer, and head of the music department of M-G-M.

Charles C. Abbott, Converse Professor of Banking and Finance at the Business School. Weston W. Adams, owner of the Boston Garden and the Boston Bruins. Bayley Aldrich, well-known Boston lawyer. William Nelson Bump, vice-President of American Airlines.

John P. Chase, former Harvard hockey coach who captained the 1932 U.S. hockey team in the Olympics and who is now a Boston financier. Henry Chauncey, head of the Educational Testing Service in Princeton, New Jersey. N. B. Daniellian, vice-President of the Great Lakes St. Lawrence Association.

Edward E. Goodale, Arctic explorer who was a sled dog driver for Admiral Byrd, and who went within 300 miles of the South Polye. Hamilton Heard, treasurer of Northeastern Airlines. Ralph W. Hemminger, vice-President of the Bankers Trust of New York. Mark A. DeWolfe Howe, Harvard professor of Law and a Civil Liberties leader. Robert I. Hunneman, prominent Boston lawyer and a trustee of Radcliffe.

Donald J. Hurley, who drew up the bill for Governor Herter creating a state department of Industry and Commerce. Lombard C. Jones, graphic designer and cartoonist who served as managing editor for the New Yorker and American Mercury. Victor O. Jones, managing editor of the Boston Globe. Sargent Kennedy, Registrar of Harvard College.

Roger M. Kyes, Assistant Secretary of Defense, formerly associated with General Electric. Isadore H. Y. Muchnick, chairman of the Boston Schools Committee. Benjamin Rowland, professor of Fine Arts at Harvard. William G. Saltonstall, Headmaster of Exeter, Oliver S. Picher, Major-General in the U.S. Air Force, A. Frank Reel, labor lawyer who was on the defense council for Japan's General Yamoshito, and who later wrote a book defending the hanging of Yamoshito. Frederick R. Weed, Headmaster of Roxbury Latin.

Steven Van Renssalaer, vice-President of the First National Bank in New York, Russell T. Sharp, president of Monticello College in Alton, Ill. Henry J. Wallace, vice-President of U.S. Steel. Richard T. Sherman, short story writer and author who wrote "To Mary With Love." Loring G. Merwin of the Bloomington, Ill. Pantagraph. Louis de Rochemont, documentary film expert.

Paul H. Nitze, head of the State Department Planning Board under Roosevelt and Truman