AFROTC Seniors Choose to Stay, Gamble on Policy

AFROTC seniors have decided unanimously to gamble on receiving a commission in June, Shannon Hall reported late yesterday afternoon.

The cadets made their decision preceding a speech by Colonel Frank M. Bostrom, professor of Air Science and Tactics. Bostrom explained the necessity of the present Air Force policy in a speech to the advanced cadets yesterday afternoon.

Commissions will be available for all flight cadet, either pilots or observers, and for some engineering majors. As for the others, "the latest information indicates that a small percent of the men in the administrative category will be given commission," Bostrom announced.

Policy May Change

High Pentagon officials have indicated that policy may change, allowing all senior cadets a commission.

Meanwhile, the AFROTC unit is retaining only seven non-flight juniors, three in the engineering category and four in the administration.

Under present regulations, most cadets in the administrative category will receive certificates which will, after two years of active duty in the enlisted grade with any branch of the service, entitle them to a reserve commission in the Air Forces.