Miss U.S. to Help Select 7 Radcliffe Finalists Tonight

In a radical reversal of form, the CRIMSON executive board last night voted to substitute Miss United States for Miss America on the board of judges of the Miss. Radcliffe contest.

The CRIMSON would not reveal its reasons for substituting five foot three inch Myrna Hansen for five foot nine inch Evelyn Ay, although it is known that CRIMSON President Michael Maccoby '54 and Managing Editor George S. Abrams '54 have indicated displeasure with Miss Ay's selection as a judge. Miss Ay in high heels is more than four inches taller than both Maccoby and Abrams.

Miss United States, runner-up in the Miss. Universe Contest will perform her first functions as judge tonight when she will meet with 25 semi-finalists in the Miss Radcliffe contest. At this time she will help the CRIMSON executive board narrow the field down to seven finalists; and eventually she will cast a proxy ballot for the girl she believes most beautiful.

"Annoyances"

The 25 semi-finalists were finally decided upon after a three day continuos meeting of all CRIMSON editors in the sleeping room of Longfellow Hall. The girls' identities, however, will remain a closely guarded secret to prevent them any undue annoyances.

Miss United States, an 18 year old blonde from Chicago, is known particularly for her near perfect dimensions, 37-23-35. She is scheduled to arrive at the CRIMSON at 8:00 p.m. and remain for over an hour while the judging is going on.

Present plans call for the announcement of the new Miss Radcliffe to take place at the House dance following the Ohio football game. A distinguished panel of judges is now being made up for the final balloting.