Committee Plans Lamont Showing On Local Theater

Plans for an exhibition at Commencement on the history, present status, and future of Harvard theater were announced yesterday by the newly-formed Undergraduate Theatre Committee.

First in a series of events designed both to express and stimulate interest in the theater drive, the exhibition will be shown in Lamont starting at the beginning of spring exam period. The committee is also working on plans for an outdoor dramatic performance to be given during Commencement Week, possibly in the Tercentary Theater.

The student committee, formed in early December to "broadcast and demonstrate the widespread student interest in a new theater. The all-day conference of the plans at a February meeting with the faculty and graduate committees on the theater. The all-day conference of the three groups will discuss every aspect of the recently-accentuated drive, particularly the crucial financial problem.

Also at this meeting, a student subcommittee, composed of Neil Smith '54, president of the Harvard Dramatic Club, and Anthony Herrey '54, HDC designer, will present suggestions on the kind of new building which world best meet the needs of student dramatic organizations.

Student interest

Peter H. Judd '53, chairman of the committee, added the group is presently considering methods of measuring student interest in methods of measuring student interest in a new theater.

The committee has held three meetings since its formation; Judd recently discussed the group's activities with President Pusey and critic John mason Brown '23, leader of the graduate committee.