Columbia Wrestler Top Crimson With Decisive Last Second Hold

A one-second margin separated the varsity wrestling team from victory over aggressive Columbia Saturday afternoon in the Blockhouse and the Lions dropped the Crimson from the ranks of the undefeated, 15 to 11.

The Columbia victory edge came in the afternoon's second match, when Lion wrestler Harold Powell leg-dived 130-pound dick Adams with but one second remaining in the third period. Had Adams won the three points for a decision, the Crimson would have won the meet. He lost, 7 to 6.

As it was, a reverse cradle pin by 177-pound Ken Culbert in the last fifteen seconds of his match chopped a six point Columbia load to one point and the meet decision was in doubt until the final match.

Here heavyweight Pete Morrison ran into one of the East's top wrestlers, Henry Littlefield. Morrison took down Littlefield in the first period, but was on the bottom the rest of the match, narrowly missing being pinned three times.

Captain Chick Chandler and Ed Keating retained their undefeated records by scoring decisions over their respective opponents, 7 to 2.

The three decisive Columbia decisions came in the middleweight classes. Culbert's pin was the only one of the day.