Davis Leaves Government For Business School Post

John H. Davis, Assistant Secretary of Agriculture, will quit his government job to become Director of the Business School's Moffett Program in Agriculture and Business, Dean David announced yesterday.

In resigning his post, Davis will take over leadership of the Program which he has been associated with since its launching in 1952.

The Program was made possible by a grant from the late George M. Moffett, formerly Chairman of the Board of the Corn Products Refining Company.

The purpose of the Moffett Plan, as described by Dean David, is to increase the coordination between agriculture and business so that agriculture and its related industries will more effectively serve the nation.

Since 1952 Davis has been one of a group of leaders who have provided counsel and guidance for the Program. The chairman of the advisory committee is Dr. Charles R. Sayre, President of the Delta and Pine Land Company, Scott, Mississippi.

Davis has taken part in many international conferences on world commodity problems. Last year he was Chief of the U.S. delegation to the Rome Conference of the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization. He also headed the U.S. delegation to the International Cotton Conference in Washington