Winthrop Intras Take Squash Win; Eliot Tops Adams

Eliot and Winthrop each racked up two wins in House squash in league action yesterday as Dunster won one game and tied another. In House hockey, Eliot shut out Adams, 3-0, and Kirkland came from behind to gain a 6-6 tie with Dunster.

In the "A" squash league, the Puritans blanked the Gold Coasters 4-0; the fifth match will be played at a later date. In "B" action, Winthrop edged out a 3-2 win on the strength of victories by Craig Merrihue, Maurice Finegold, and Dick Simon. Donald Payne and Leon Friedman turned in wins for the Gold Coasters.

The Elephants also scored a shut-out in the "A" league, blasting the Deacons 5-0. Charles Foster, Eliot Hawkins, Landon Thomas, Bob Albert, and Roger La Viale each picked up wins. In the "B" league, they topped the Deacons, 3-2, with wins by John Austin, Dick Almy, and Mike Meier. Winning Deacons were John Sands and John Pell.

The Funster "B" league squash team coasted to an easy 4-1 win over the Bellboys, while in the "A" league, the match resulted in a 2-2 tie, with the deciding game to be played tomorrow.

Seniors Terry King and Mike Ward paced the Elephant six in its 3-1 victory over the Gold Coasters.

Second Eliot Shut-Out

In last night's hockey, the Eliot House team, boasting three strong lines, swept through Adams to record its second straight shut-out of the season, 3 to 0.

Only sensational goal-tending by Gold Coaster Paul Jameson kept Eliot from reaching double figures, as the Elephant sextet kept the puck in the Adams zone most of the night. In the Eliot goal, Willy Wetmore turned in his second shut-out of the season by stopping two shots. He advanced his record to four saves for the season.

In the other league game, the Deacon six overcame a 5-1 deficit in the second half to gain the tie. They were paced by Walt Gannon, who tallied three goals. Jim Frey of the Funster six, also scored three goals.

Champ Stoughton Loses

Stoughton, already champions of the National Freshman Intramural Basketball League, dropped a close game to Matthews North, 24-23, last night. In the American League Lionel beat Wigglesworth West, 47-41, and Matthews South forfeited its game to Thayer North.