Thief Invades Adams Early Monday, Takes $40 From Four Open Rooms

Seven Adams House students were robbed in their sleep early yesterday morning of a total of nearly $40 and a collection of wallets, a watch, and a cigarette lighter. The unidentified robber was noticed only once.

Three of the rooms were in Adams A entry and one was in B. None of the occupants had locked their rooms.

Several of the students said they heard strange noises sometime during the night which they presumed at the time were made by their roommates. They now think the thief made them.

Edward K. Dunham III '55 was the only person to wake up during the burglaries. The thief had entered his bedroom to rifle his clothes just before seven and woke him up. Dunham turned over in bed and the thief field before finding Dunham's wallet. He had already taken a wallet with one or two dollars from Dunham's roommate, Frank F. Davidoff '55.

The other students robbed were: Phillip J. Arena '57, Peter Chermayeff '57, William C. Congleton '57, Stewart Ogden '57, Edward Rosenthal '56, and Isaac H. Scott, Jr. '56.

The seven reported the theft to the University and the Cambridge police. The police said they had little hope of catching the robber, since they had no description of him. Only two of the stolen items may prove to be clues later. The watch and the cigarette lighter had monograms on them and may lead to the robber if he tries to sell them, the police said.

Besides the money stolen, the wallets contained the students' draft cards.