Cross Country Team Meets B.U., Providence at 3:45 p.m.

Most of the doubts Coach Bill McCurdy has about his varsity cross-country team should be cleared up this afternoon when the Crimson meets two of New England's strongest squads--Boston University and Providence College--on the Franklin Park course.

Last Friday, the Crimson easily defeated last year's New England champion, the University of Massachusetts, and McCurdy knows that a convincing win today would label his team a definite threat in the November championship meets.

Different Type Squad

This year's Crimson is entirely different from the team which finished 12th in the IC4-A meet last year. Last season McCurdy built his team around Captain Hal Gerry, but this season, he is counting on a nucleus of about six men to carry the team.

So far, Bill Morris, last year's freshman captain, and Don French, and experienced junior, have looked the strongest, with Dick Wharton, Paul Beck, Al Wills, Dave McLean, and Phil Williams comprising the rest of the Crimson strength. When Captain Frank Nahigian is able to compete again, he should bring added power to that nucleus.

Providence, perennially one of the cross-country powers in New England, has split two decisions so far this season. It lost to a very strong Army squad and defeated Manhattan. B.U., without the IC4-A champ, John Kelly, should finish third today.

The Crimson freshmen, having had to eke out a victory against UMass, will also seek its second win today against the same schools the varsity faces.

Both the varsity and freshman squads will meet Brown on Friday afternoon.